3.29.2006

Finding Your Style

Can you look in a magazine or online gallery and recognize certain scrappers work by their style? Have you ever wondered what “your style” is? Me too. Sometimes I feel so eclectic that I can’t put my finger on a particular style. Maybe it’s because I’m too close to my own work.

Here is something I have found to be helpful in “finding your style”. First, cruise online galleries, take notes on things you like or don’t like and ask yourself WHY you like or don’t like them. Write it down. Thumb through magazines and do the same thing. Now, sit down with your own scrapbooks, and try to look at them objectively with the same eyes. Take notes. Write down what you like and don’t like. See if you can find some of the same elements in your work that you liked in the work you reviewed in galleries and magazines. You might be surprised at the results!

No comments: