5.24.2006

Dearly Departed...

I'm feeling very sad today. During my trip to Jamaica, my kitty escaped to the big wide world. I'm afraid he has not returned. I fear that the local coyotes have taken another prize. This comes just 7 months after losing my other kitty to the same sad demise. I'm just heartbroken. How does one become so attached to a furry critter? I guess it doesn't matter how, but that I was. And I miss them both so terribly.

I can't help but feel guilty for bringing them out to the country, where terrible things could happen to them. And yet, I know how happy it made them to prowl in the grass, chase bugs and mice, roll in the dirt and bask in the sunshine. My only reprise is that they had a good life, and were happy with us for their time here.

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

Ahhh, hope you find your kitty!!!