12.21.2006

Digital Fusion

I've been bitten by the bug! Yes, I have all the classic symptoms; wide reddened eyes from staring at the computer screen, enlarged mouse finger from clicking downloads incessantly, frequent mutterings of digi paper organization, and the obsessed crazed look of a woman in constant pursuit of pretty papers. I'm an aspiring digital scrapper.

I've been drawn to it for a while now, but discouraged so many times by feeling limited. But now, I've learned some new tricks, and downloaded a plethora of digi kits and am feeling more liberated. It appeals to the collector/organizer in me. I download stuff - instant gratification - I add it to my collection - collecting - and then I get to categorize, organize, and drool over it. Not to mention that you only get a little sneak preview of what is in this little package called a "zip file" which makes it seem more like a present when you finally open it and view the contents in their entirety. And I LOOOVE presents.

So I've been loving this new found pleasure. I've created several digital layouts this week. I am loving the whole new world of designer goodies that has opened to me. No more of the same ol' same ol'. And the best part is, I can get a lot of it for free. None of it ever gets used up either. It really appeals to my frugal side as well.

The best thing about all of this is that I am being inspired by things I never noticed before, and it's translating to my paper scrapping as well. I'm seeing things just a little bit different that I have before, and noticing details that I may not have noticed in the past. I'm able to see things a little clearer (not literally of course, I need to see my eye doctor about that!). In working on a few projects last night, I was completely inspired by a few things I noticed - minute little details I might add - in a fashion magazine {I never understood why my mother-in-law insisted I needed it. A subtle hint perhaps? But now I'm thankful} Ideas flowed, and I literally could not scrap fast enough. I finished 6 projects last night! {Those that know me know I'm a notoriously pokey scrapper. I spend hours, days even, on one page alone. For me to get 6 projects done in a weekend is a real feat.}

I guess it's true that learning something new can open your eyes in other areas of your life. I just never suspected this revelation in my scrapbooking would come simply from delving into another realm of it. I've found my muse and it came in the form of digital fusion.

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Yay Amy!!!! I knew you'de be hooked as soon as you took the first bite!I'm soooo glad you gave it a try! You are going to find yourself being more of a hybrid scrapper, my guess. I am. I used to be a crafter or every nature except knitting- just not the patience for that art! Then I got into digitaland totally immersed myself in it. But I actually began to miss having my fingerprints singed off from the hot glue gun, and glitter stuck to my eyelids and occassionally finding it's way into a casserole :). So now, I shop thrift stores and yardsales with an eye to alter something, anything! I print from digital and then apply to whatever I can get my hands on! Marriage between two of my fave mediums!
Welcome to digital and post those layouts so we can see and leave you some lovin!

Angela said...

Hi Amy! Glad to see you've taken your first step to the dark side! You'll love digi scrappin'!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow Amy that's fantastic! I've just taken the leap into digi scrappin and still finding it all a little overwhelming...so maybe one day if you find yourself needing something to write but aren't sure what, you could let all us newbies in on the different techniques you are learning *s* But I do agree, all sides are being catered for in digi scrapping, collecting/hoarding, organising, frugalness, and still time left to drool and dream.
I'm really inspired, like you I'm a sllllloooooooooowwwwww scrapper lol and get teased a lot for it, so 6 layouts at one time? Dang woman that's incredible!! Way to go! Only just found your blog but have stuck you in my favs and will be back again and again lol.
Happy Creating!