12.11.2007

Grandma update...

Thank you all for your kind words. You're a bunch of sweethearts. It means so much to have your support.

Grandma is getting settled into her new place, and has made it quite homey I'm told. Which doesn't surprise me a bit. She's getting good at giving directions and asking for help (some might say bossy. LOL). The good news is, she doing very well, and is stronger than any of us, her doctors, and even she gave her credit for. She's really surprised us all.

DH and I and my little bro are driving home for Christmas, and will stop on our way back home to visit her and check out her new digs. I'm excited to see her in better shape than I saw her last - when I really thought it was the last time I'd ever see her.

I'm told that Hospice brought her a new scooter so that she can get around on her own and not rely on the help to bring her to dinner and back (since they left her for two hours after dinner one night, and that's completely unacceptable in my book). So now she scoots around on her scooter and has a little more independence that way. She's getting her hair done at the little salon in the building, and she even has made a couple new friends and started playing Bingo.

I'm happy to hear she's doing so well, and adjusting to her new situation. I wish it didn't have to be that way, but she seems resolved to be OK with it and that's what matters.

No comments: