10.06.2006

Scrapbook Answers Closes It's Doors

It's a sad sad day in the industry. If you have not heard yet, it was announced this week that Scrapbook Answers magazine will close it's doors. November will be their last issue.

I am so saddened by this huge loss in our industry. The magazine was phenomenal. Truly. I saw it as the new industry leader that would set the standard for other magazines within the industry. Thank you to all the staff at SA, for bringing such an amazing, in-depth, honest magazine to our mailboxes every month. I can only hope that other mags will catch on and see what the scrapbookers really want. We don't want just oodles of slick pages with showy scrapbook layouts, we want facts, tips, how-tos, real reviews (Not just lipservice to your advertisers), and honest writing.

What a hole this will leave in my monthly magazine stack. It was the only one I rushed to open and read every month because I knew I'd be rewarded with more than just pretty pages. I knew I'd refer to it time and again for the articles. I still refer to my March issue (I beleive it's March 06) with the fantastic photography lessons. PAGES of them! I was floored when I read them. It has been a real saviour to me every month. A refreshing breath of air.

And now I'm out of breath.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH NO!! Say it ain't so! I love this magazine! It's the only one I have a subscription to right now! I love all the ideas they have in there! I even met Ana and Leslie at CHA in July - really sweet ladies!

scrapoflife said...

I'm afraid it's true. :(

Anonymous said...

I am so sad about this as well. I had just found this magazine a few months ago and just sent in my renewal for 2 years!! WAHH!! So sad.