7.28.2006

Lousy Crop

Signed up for a crop for Saturday. I was so excited to go because it was a new store location, really nice facilities, and I was hoping to meet some other nice scrappers.

So I show up, and there is one other lady there setting up her stuff. She looked nice enough, so I asked if she was saving any places. "Not really" So I said, would it be OK if I sat here? "I guess" (hm. real freindly.)

So she left the table and went out into the store. When she came back, she had two friends with her. She promptly packed all of her things and they set up at another table, leaving me abandoned.

Keep in mind, there are 4 places to sit at each crop table.

They never spoke a word to me, but rather, kept whispering to eachother and looking at me suspiciously as if I was eavesdropping.

Why do women treat eachother so poorly? I guess I have just been very lucky to have met the women I have in this industry. I always try to be welcoming to new scrapbookers I haven't met, and have always been welcomed just as warmly. Perhaps I've just been very lucky up to this point.

8 comments:

Kim -today's creative blog said...

Don't you hate that? I have had a couple of bad experiences at crops not far from here too. Phooey on them. You should come hang with me some Saturday.

Anonymous said...

unfortunately stuff like this happens. To be honest I have no idea why... It just happens

Funscrapz said...

That's so sad. I can't believe that people could be that rude.

What ever happened to camaraderie? I hope you have better experience next time.

Shawn said...

:( :( :( :( mean people SUCK!!!!!

If you are ever in Pensacola, FL I'll crop with ya- and no whispering ;)

Unknown said...

Wow - that's horrible!! If you ever get to Massachusetts you'll have to come crop with us!! I hug everyone around me at the end of the crop - what can I say, I'm a hugger!!

I have to say this has never happened to me - either I've been lucky or I'm just dim and didn't realize that people treated me like that.

So sorry it was a bad experience!

Margie

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry that your crop was less than perfect. I too know the pain as this past weekend I hosted a retreat and well 2 of the 10 ladies were downright rude. They were very loud, refused to clean up after themselves, monopolized the computer for booking a Disney trip and well just not that pleasant. If people would just have common sense and kindness the would would be much better.

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. prostrate cancer pda pocket pc

Jaye said...

How RUDE!!
Bad Karma lady will get hers in time ;-)