6.27.2007

What Some People Would Do...

For a clean windsheild.

So, I'm driving to work yesterday morning, minding my Ps and Qs, when from out of nowhere I'm struck. A bang like a gunshot and glass shards fly all over me. I thought I had been shot! A quick check of my surroundings, and a check for blood indicated that was not the case. A huge rock had hit my windsheild, and actually come THROUGH the glass! The windshield was destroyed. It looked like it had been a stunt car in a shoot-em-up movie. My poor car.

And, here I am, coated in sharp little glass shards. What do I do? Well, I really wanted to just pull over and compose myself, but I was afraid that if I adjusted my position, or got out of the car, I'd be sitting on little glass shards. So I just continued on my way to work, heart pounding a hole in my chest.

When I got to work, I carefully got out of the car and vaccuumed myself off, then the car, and called the insurance company. I found someone to replace my windshield same day.

So... now I have a beautiful sparkling clean windshield! And the rest of my car looks SO dirty. hahaha

3 comments:

Unknown said...

How scary... I dont know that I would have been able to keep driving. Glad you got it fixed up quick.

Margie Higuchi said...

Glad to hear that you were OK! WOW! Don't know what I would do but am glad that your car was fixed!

Cindy F said...

Gosh, that sounds scary. It surely would've freaked me out. Glad you're okay and have a spankin' brand new windshield.