8.16.2007

Animal Tails: A Cat in a Cone

Had a minor tragedy last week. I had to take my fur-kid (Buck) to the vet Thursday morning because he's been fighting with the neighbor cat, and had a huge abscess that burst Wednesday night (boy was THAT fun). -- I told him if he kept fighting with the neighbor "kid" he'd end up at the vet, but did he listen?? -- So, I got him home after work all drugged up, with a cone on his head (OK, so it was hilarious, but I had to TRY not to laugh at him... out loud.).

I left for a concert (Marc Broussard and Toby Lightman. FABULOUS!), and hubby hadn't gotten home yet. He was leaving that night for an overnight hike. I got home at 11:30. No Buck. I looked everywhere in the house. Had my neglectful husband let my drugged-out-cone-for-a-head cat out of the house!?!? Yep.

So I searched for over an hour for him, and was totally distraught. I thought he probably wandered off in his drug-induced state and gotten lost or stuck somewhere in his cone. I thought I'd lost him. I changed for bed and decided to try one last time. So I threw on a robe and went outside. After a few minutes I heard a rustling. There was Buck, moving as slow as molasses doing the get-this-off-my-head march. I was so relieved I cried. Boy, I don't know what I would have done if I had lost him. I've gotten so attached to the little rascal. Well, just look at how adorable (and hilarious I might add) he is, even in his cone.



And this, I think, is why he took so long coming home. He'd get the cone caught on something and just stop. Like it would release him if he just waited long enough.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

And this, I think, is why he took so long coming home. He'd get the cone caught on something and just stop. Like it would release him if he just waited long enough.

ROFLOL! Poor little fur-baby. Hope it can come off soon.